Senior Estimating Manager
December 6, 2021
PowerFlex is seeking a Sr. Estimating Manager to oversee the capex estimating function at PowerFlex covering on-site clean energy projects for our C&I customers.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and leading the creation of capex estimates for turnkey C&I solar, battery storage and electric vehicle (EV) charging projects, including equipment and engineering costs and subcontracted labor costs. Success in this role is dependent on ability to make concurrent technical and business decisions, while owning all costing tools and processes in a high-volume sales environment. The candidate must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time, be able to develop relationships with external suppliers and internal business groups and be a reliable self-starter.
The Sr. Estimating Manager will sit on the Estimating team within Business Development, and will work closely with the Origination, Analytics, Development Engineering and Project Development teams.
* Responsible for success, timeliness, competitiveness and accuracy of the capex estimating function
* Manage and oversee all capex estimation up to construction-start for solar, storage and EV charging projects
* Develop and maintain estimating best practices and train & develop junior estimators/analysts
* Owner of all capex estimating tools, models, curves, methods and processes
* Ensure all capex estimates fit the design, scope and customer standards associated with the project
* Continuously track and report on the estimating team’s turnaround times and processes
* Closely work with Procurement and Execution teams to keep a robust cost database current
* Regularly analyze as-built capex costs and employ feedback-loops with the Execution team to influence curves
* Ensure proper prioritization of capex estimates based on sales needs, backlog and company priorities
* Evaluate, critique and negotiate supplier quotes; ensure quoting process is timely & accurate
* Develop and maintain material vendor relationships to ensure accurate pre-construction quotes and scopes
* Participate in the sales process as a subject matter expert to support winning bid strategies
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY