Solar Permitting Specialist
April 21, 2021
Sologistics is a solar project management company committed to providing its clients with the operations support and consulting services needed to navigate challenging solar markets. We provide a full suite of expediting services for installers and solar companies. We provide support in turnkey solutions, improve existing operations processes, or a selection from an a la carte menu. We emphasize the use of tailored technology and proven project management methodologies to improve our project throughput.
The individual is the expert on all applications and expediting processes related to solar projects, especially in NYC. She/he is responsible for accurately compiling, completing, reviewing and submitting applications to AHJs, utility companies, contractors, and Sologistics team members to ensure project deadlines are met. The individual is required to have excellent communication skills, excellent understanding of AHJ requirements, and have the ability to take initiative and complete jobs under required timelines in a remote working environment.
* Confirm accuracy of data entered initially entered into Sologistics’ Salesforce environment as part of the service intake review including: Violations/Open Permits, Flood Zones, Municipality
* Work with multiple Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) at the same time to ensure the smooth implementation and inspection of projects
* Liaise with the relevant Department of Buildings (DOB) contacts to facilitate the inspection and sign off of permits/projects and address any issues preventing progression as they arise
* Prepare documents for permitting and/or utility services. Includes but is not limited to: Utility Interconnection/PTO Requests, Final Building Inspections, Permit Sign-off, Permit Applications, Landmarks Applications
* Schedule, host and document team meetings as required
* Maintain ongoing communication with Project Coordinators to provide them with answers and updates to facilitate their Client updates
* Update process documentation of various internal processes as changes are implemented
* Visit AHJs to expedite applications, resolve issues if the situation warrants
* Ad hoc tasks that may be assigned by the Operations Manager and the CEO
CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL LISTING