Vice President of Development
July 27, 2021
Encore Renewable Energy
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as VP of Development. The successful candidate will lead our Development Team in support of the firm's rapidly growing renewable energy project development, finance, construction and asset management practice.
The VP of Development will fill a key role in our expanding solar and energy storage development firm and will lead the team responsible for all project development activities. These activities include site evaluation, project design, interconnection analysis and approval, all permitting related tasks for installation of facilities, and pre-construction efforts supporting team members with the management of subcontractors as necessary to complete these tasks accurately and efficiently.
This position requires an ambitious, highly organized, process-focused and problem-solving professional who can provide immediate leadership in the context of solar and energy storage project development within a small and rapidly growing company. The VP of Development will report to the Chief Commercial Officer, and the successful candidate will manage the responsibilities outlined below to support the firm's practice.
● Lead project development team for solar PV and battery storage projects across Northeastern US and other strategic markets;
● Oversee project schedules and budgets prepared by Project Development team;
● Provide guidance on the timing of critical project milestones, and lead the team so that those
deadlines are met.
● Contribute to and oversee fatal flaw/feasibility assessments on new opportunities;
● Manage interconnection process in collaboration with utilities and engineers;
● Oversee engagement with local and state authorities in seeking approvals and required
documentation for project permits;
● Engage and collaborate with business development team as necessary with bid submittals
and proposals for requests for proposals and unsolicited opportunities;
● Review progress reports as projects move through development and construction and
confirm timeline and substantive compliance;
● Support development team at supervisor level in their management of various contractors
including survey, design, environmental, etc. to prepare permit applications and supporting
● Support development of and oversee issuance of requests for proposals for professional
services, equipment procurement and installation contractors;
● Support and engage with engineering procurement and construction team as required
including monitoring inspections, progress reporting and client/investor requests;
● Provide support and feedback in management of Encore-owned assets as well as those in
which Encore serves in an asset management capacity;
● Assist in developing and negotiating legal contracts, including lease agreements, power
purchase agreements, services agreements, etc.;
● Perform other duties as they arise.