Thu, Jun 02|
What’s Next for New York Clean Energy?
In this 1.5-hour webinar, SEA’s Market Analytics team will compile what is known about New York’s post-2030 clean energy policy and market planning and consider New York’s paths to meeting its 2040 and 2050 goals.
Time & Place
Jun 02, 2022, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
New York is executing its policy path to achieve 70% renewable energy by 2030. But the landscape to get from 2030 to achieving 85% economy-wide GHG reductions by 2050 is largely undefined.
Those making long-term business decisions—clean energy developers and investors, owners and operators, project hosts, workers and supply chain, utilities and energy consumers—are thirsting for visibility into the market and policy landscape. Join Sustainable Energy Advantage on June 2nd for a webinar exploring what is known and what can be surmised as New York fills in the blanks.
The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) established nation-leading clean energy and climate goals for 2030 and 2040 and beyond. Through the Clean Energy Standard, New York has created a renewable energy market, supported by an ecosystem of demand and supply programs, that focuses on fulfilling the CLCPA’s 70% renewable energy by 2030 goal. However, the landscape to get from 2030 to achieving 100% zero-carbon electricity by 2040 and 85% economy-wide greenhouse gas reductions by 2050 is largely undefined.
In this 1.5-hour webinar, SEA’s Market Analytics team will compile what is known about New York’s post-2030 clean energy policy and market planning and consider New York’s paths to meeting its 2040 and 2050 goals. As the team explore New York’s future clean energy policy and market landscape and its transitioning grid, it will highlight the opportunities, risks and uncertainties those making long-term business decisions in this marketspace should consider.
Specifically, in this 1.5-hour webinar, SEA’s Market Analytics team will:
- Take stock of New York’s current progress, development and challenges toward meeting the 70% by 2030 renewable energy goal;
- Examine the incremental market scale for various renewable and clean energy resources, leveraging recent public studies on statewide load, future renewable energy supply, and the role of zero-carbon resources;
- Discuss the post-2030 opportunities, risks and uncertainties for New York’s clean energy policy and market landscape, including those associated with the following topics:
- Policy and market structures for supporting incremental clean energy and zero-carbon resources;
- Clean energy market outlet, volume and scale;
- Treatment of post-NYSERDA contract supply;
- Wholesale market evolution under a high clean energy penetration future;
- Impact of beneficial electrification;
- Role of emerging zero-carbon technologies and renewable fuels in the grid of the future; and
- Highlight ongoing policy, market, and system planning opportunities where stakeholders can participate to help shape the New York clean energy policy and market future.
All registrants will receive a recording of the webinar and a PDF file of the presentation. This webinar is the latest in a series of deliverables available to SEA’s New York Renewable Energy Market Outlook (NY-REMO) subscribers. The webinar is being offered to non-subscribers on a stand-alone basis; those signing up for NY-REMO within 90 days can credit their participation fee towards a full subscription. The cost for a single participant is $279, or $499 for organization-wide access.